GOLDFINCH ENTERTAINMENT NAMED AS A FINALIST
AT 2017 GROWTH INVESTOR AWARDS
- Goldfinch Entertainment will be competing against other finalists including Daedalus Partners and Symvan Capital in the Best SEIS Investment Manager category.
- Winners will be announced at a black tie awards dinner taking place on Wednesday 8 November at Royal Lancaster Hotel, Lancaster Gate, London.
- Visit growthinvestorawards.com/finalists for a full list of all finalists and information on how to attend the event.
Goldfinch Entertainment has been shortlisted for Best SEIS Investment Manager at the 2017 Growth Investor Awards, which celebrate the role of the UK’s investment provider community in championing tax-advantaged investments, spotting growth potential and backing outstanding UK small and medium-size enterprises (SMEs).
Launched by Intelligent Partnership in 2015, the Growth Investor Awards celebrate the UK’s SME investment community’s contribution towards innovation, technology, and job and wealth creation. The awards specifically acknowledge those companies and individuals who are helping start-up and ‘scale-up’ businesses realise their full potential and power Britain’s economy.
This year’s expanded award programme features 16 categories including Best Investment Platform, Growth Champion of the Year, Most Impactful Investment, Industry Game Changer and Best Angel Syndicate.
Goldfinch Entertainment will be competing in the Best SEIS Investment Manager category alongside the following finalists: Daedalus Partners, Deepbridge Capital, Startup Funding Club, Symvan Capital and Worth Capital. The winner will be announced at an exclusive black tie awards dinner, which will be held on Wednesday 8 November at the Royal Lancaster Hotel, Lancaster Gate, London.
Commenting on the award nomination, MD Kirsty Bell said: “We are thrilled to be shortlisted for a third year running for the Growth Investor Awards, and this time in a new category for us ‘SEIS Manager’. This is testament to our team’s hard work in sourcing and managing an excellent range of film and media SEIS investments and to our clients who, with our help, work extremely hard to bring their projects to life to the benefit of our loyal investors.”
Guy Tolhurst, Managing Director of Intelligent Partnership, said: “The Growth Investor Awards measure the impact of talent, technology and innovative thinking within Britain’s thriving smaller-company ecosystem. We want to honour all those industry leaders who day-in, day-out display the ability, bravery and commitment needed to back entrepreneurs and help drive Britain’s economic growth from the bottom up.
“We are delighted that the role played by Goldfinch Entertainment has been recognised with this 2017 Growth Investor Awards shortlisting, within a fiercely contested category. I’d like to personally wish Goldfinch Entertainment the very best of luck, and we hope to see you on the winners’ stage in November.”
Finalists will now move on to a second round of judging to determine the winner in each award category. Daniel Kiernan, Intelligent Partnership’s Research Director heads up the Advisory Board, which represents different sections of the fund management, alternative investment and SME community. He said: “These awards were designed in consultation with the SME industry. An independent panel of judges for each category is drawn from within and outside the industry – to bring a range of perspectives and to provide a level playing field. Having such a robust and comprehensive judging process really underscores the credibility and prestige of these awards.”
Advisory Board member Tim Hames —Director General of the British Private Equity & Venture Capital Association (BVCA) — said: “Competitive advantage doesn’t go to the nations that focus on creating companies; it goes to the nations that focus on scaling them. The Growth Investor Awards recognise the broader contribution of the SME fund management community to scale up growth and those best optimising investment and support.”
2017 Growth Investor Awards: Categories
- Industry Champion
- Exit of the Year
- Most Impactful Investment (sponsored by Bates Wells Braithwaite Compliance)
- Industry Game Changer (sponsored by MICAP)
- Best Investment Platform
- Best Angel Syndicate
- Best SEIS Investment Manager (sponsored by RW Blears Solicitors)
- Best BPR Investment Manager (sponsored by Reyker Securities)
- Best AIM Investment Manager
- Best EIS Investment Manager (sponsored by Mainspring Fund Services)
- Best VCT Investment Manager
- Financial Adviser of the Year (sponsored by LGBR Capital)
- Wealth Manager of the Year (sponsored by RAM Capital Partners)
- Corporate Investor of the Year
- Growth Champion of the Year (sponsored by Smith & Williamson)
- Growth Investor of the Year (sponsored by Beauhurst)
Visit growthinvestorawards.com/finalists for a full list of all finalists and information on how to attend the event.